Monday, March 3, 2008

Discriminations at work

Basically what they are offering is that they are thinking about creating a new role in another dept. It's not a promotion, just different role to learn new things that may help in future jobs search. They are not clear about the exact definition of the role yet as D (who is a Dr and the manager of this unit I'm in) is still thinking abt it and would like to speak to me.  

Seems that HH told him over the phone that I'm resigning over JC. She told me that he thinks I'm immature and would want me to hold on the resignation as he wants to speak to me. That will be next Mon when he is back. I also clarified with HH and she is very certain that there will be no promotion for me this year bcos of my MCs. I dont think its fair. She told me that she is putting me up for consideration end last year, and last week says I definitely fall short due to my "glaring absenteeism" . 

Personally I think they are discriminated abt me. She thinks I'm not to the job of an In Charge becos she needs the In charge to be around at work and if Im going to fall sick and take MCs,I could not fulfill the output. Also, ever since they know abt my condition, now that HH has conned me into revealing to the other 2 supervisor (Y and N), I'm sure they have discussed abt me. Y told me that with the drugs I'm taking, it may have effects on me. That the drugs affected my mood. They only know that I'm on medication, but exactly what drugs, they do not know. 

I don't think its fair and im very angry. Bcos the drugs that I have chose to take has the least side effects. That I would sacrifice and not take the meds if it causes trembling, drowsiness etc. That they assumes that its all due to my drugs! I just think that they do not want to promote me, that all the MCs are excuses. 

Bcos I looked into her eyes and told her that when Im on MC, I was really sick and what would she do if I had chicken pox and had MC for 2 weeks? She just talk abt the MCs=output nonsense. i'm at a loss.. I tot abt how hard I worked for the past year, but it's all my own dreams. I wasn't so determined to get promoted but now she really chose her over me. We all started at a junior position, but she got in at my level.  

It's not abt JC anymore. She still irritates me but now I realized that it's all abt discrimination. That I shd have just saved my dignity and resigned when I was unwell instead of telling the truth. Now I have to endure all these humiliation and relegations to lower statuses.  

Wanted to see my Dr today.. but what do we do? More MCs? That would just proved them that they are very right isn't it?  

Im very depressed.

No comments: